What is the Czech-Slovak DofE Academy?
The Czech-Slovak DofE Academy is a creative online leadership training for active and passionate DofE leaders to help them take their students and themselves to the next level and improve their work in the offline and online world.
Over the course of three workshops, participants will gain skills useful not only for the DofE but also for everyday working life. In addition, they will share their experiences together with their Slovak colleagues involved in the DofE programme. The workshops take place online from 8:30 am to 3 pm each time. The cost of the whole series of courses is CZK 1,000 per participant.
The Academy was prepared in cooperation with the Slovak National Office of the DofE thanks to financial support from the Award Covid-19 Recovery Fund and the International Award Foundation.
What will the DofE Czech-Slovak Online Academy give me?
The Academy brings 3 elements in which you will have the opportunity to develop:
- Understanding and confidence in running a DofE programme in both online and offline environments.
- Use of selected online tools within the DofE and also in online teaching.
- Motivating students and colleagues: how to maximise the potential of young people?
How will the Czech-Slovak online DofE academy work?
The academy consists of three one-day seminars held several weeks to months apart. The three workshops are:
- How to inspire enthusiasm in students? Become an expert on student motivation and engagement in the DofE programme. Together we will explore students' motivations and barriers. We will introduce appropriate tools to work with them, not only in recruiting DofE participants.
- How can we make the most of young people's potential? Become a communications expert and support young people to achieve their goals. Explore the participant journey through the DofE programme. We will explore the pitfalls that participants face and the tools to overcome them. We will learn about ongoing motivation techniques and the principles of respectful communication.
- How to activate the school, colleagues, young people or parents? Become an expert in deepening relationships with the community. We'll improve your leadership skills and help you manage the coordination of DofE and other projects with ease. We'll show you how to create a school-wide DofE community.
Everyone who completes all three workshops will become a graduate of the Czech-Slovak Online DofE Academy.
Who is the Czech-Slovak DofE Online Academy for?
Participation in the Academy is recommended for all DofE coordinators and leaders in local centres from the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
The content of the Czech-Slovak Online DofE Academy leads to a deep understanding of working with participants, with colleagues in the DofE team and with other colleagues and the school/organisation as a whole.
How much does the DofE Czech-Slovak Online Academy cost?
Participation in the Academy is largely funded by grants and contributions from our partners. A school/local DofE centre pays a contribution of CZK 1,000 per participant for the entire DofE Academy.
When will the seminars take place?
1. Become an expert in motivating and engaging students in the DofE programme
2. Become a communication expert and support young people in achieving their goals
3. Become an expert in deepening relationships with the community
Dates for Spring 2022 are in the works. Dates will be provided to registered leaders in due course.
Are you interested in participating in the DofE Czech-Slovak Online Academy?
Fill in the application form.
Choose the dates of the 1st and 2nd seminars that suit you best. You can rely on the dates 100%. In the confirmation email, always before the training, you will receive a link to the online connection along with further information. Registration for the dates of the 3rd seminar will open in December 2021, and we will inform you of this with the registration form we will send you at the end of the calendar year.